The following competencies are expected for students during their years in grades 6-9.
- Describe and illustrate a content-related concept or process using a model, simulation, or concept-mapping software.
- Create original animations or videos.
- Gather data, examine patterns, and apply information for decision making using digital tools and resources.
- Participate in a cooperative learning project in a teacher managed online learning community.
- Evaluate digital resources to determine the credibility of the author and publisher and the timeliness and accuracy of the content.
- Employ data-collection technology such as probes and geographic mapping systems to gather, view, analyze, and report results for content-related problems.
- Use collaborative electronic authoring tools to explore common curriculum content from with other learners.
- Integrate a variety of file types to create and illustrate a document or presentation.