The following competencies are expected for students during their years in grades K-2.
- Illustrate and communicate original ideas and stories using digital tools and media-rich resources.
- Identify, research, and collect data on an issue using digital resources and propose a developmentally appropriate solution.
- Engage in learning activities with other learners through teacher led e-mail, web cam, and other electronic means.
- In a collaborative work group, use a variety of technologies to produce a digital presentation or product in a curriculum area.
- Find and evaluate information using digital resources.
- Demonstrate and explain the safe and cooperative use of technology.
- Communicate about technology using developmentally appropriate and accurate terminology.
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate in virtual environments such as electronic books, simulation software, and Web sites.